Paint flaking and delaminating from the concrete floor.
- Incorrect paint for traffic conditions or contact with chemicals like oil, petrol, detergents etc.
- The incorrect use of an interior epoxy in outdoor UV conditions.
- Poor concrete substrate integrity.
- Moisture ingress due to inadequate moisture barrier under floor.
- Painting before the floor has properly dried.
- Failure to remove surface contaminants such as dust, dirt, oil etc.
Pay attention to all of the above. Follow application instructions of NEO Floor Paint or NEO Epoxy Floor Paint.
FLAKING FROM PRE-CAST CONCRETE
Paint flaking and delaminating from pre-cast concrete substrates.
- Mold release agents are sometimes applied to reduce shattering. These release agents can be oily in nature restricting paint adhesion.
- Failure to remove laitance (powdery weak alkaline layer) which can compromise coating adhesion.
- Dirt, dust and lose deposits on the substrate prior to painting.
- Poor quality paint with inferior adhesion properties.
Remove release agents by etching, sandblasting or by high-pressure power washing.